Monday, September 21, 2009

Day 11: Best lesson yet!

Heheh, today was by far the funniest Spanish class to date. David was like a hyperactive kid and had no intention of cooperating or paying any attention to Jimena, the teacher, and basically talked rubbish and went off on hilarious tangents and totally lightened the mood so we wouldn't get downhearted, two weeks in. It was great, because it's exactly how I've felt once or twice since starting, like "I couldn't give a shit about verb conjugations anymore!" (I think those were his exact words). But then after all the confusing stuff there was a little translation game which was pretty easy, which David kept messing up, so you finish the lesson feeling pretty proud of yourself for knowing more than him!!!

I'm using more and more Spanish in the tango class. Actually, I took a video today (of me dancing, not speaking Spanish), so I'll try to post it up tomorrow. Don't be judgmental, I'm just a beginner!!

I'm surprised to find that a lot of the stuff Jimena says is helpful in the Kung Fu class, because when I'm working with the guys who are less advanced I can use things like "I'm going to show you", "pay attention to" "Let's continue" "do you remember this?" and "well done". I'm thinking that all that stuff would be great for someone who's coming here to teach English too.

No comments:

Post a Comment