Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Day 13: Why would I like gasoline?

Hmmm, wierd theme running through today's lesson - not sure when I'll ever have to say that gasoline appeals to me, but man, I'm never going to forget that verb conjugation. (Plus, now I can sing along to that stupid song in the club, which is a little bonus only Bueno, entonces could think of!)

Today I went for a jog (god, I forgot how much I hate jogging!) and found the planetarium in Palermo. It has shows every day, so when my Spanish improves, I'm definitely going to go and check one out. Actually, maybe I should go now, when I'll only understand a bit, because maybe in Spanish, the mysteries of the universe will seem even more mysterious...oooohhh...

In the evening, went with my housemates to a tango lesson in The Konex, which is where they have concerts and theatre and dance. Actually, if you're free on a monday night, be sure to check out La Bomba de tiempo a great night of drumming and percussion. It was a good class, but very much for beginners. I scoff at that kind of thing now I've had a grand total of, um, five weeks lessons. Later, I headed on to a comedy show (yes, in English. There's no chance you'd find me at a Spanish one at this stage). The guy was pretty good, think I'll head back for the show next week.

I know, I know, these Anglo-nights out are doing nothing for my language skills. I have got to force myself to speak Spanish! I now have thirteen lessons worth of stuff for God's sake- just need to pick up the courage to use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment