Friday, September 25, 2009

Day 15: Half Way!

Wuhoo, I'm already half way towards being a genius in Spanish!! Or at least ordering a coffee... Actually, I have to admit that the time has gone pretty quickly and the classes have been relatively painless. I know for a fact that there's no way I would have got through 15 classes on CD with another company like Rosetta Stone.

Anyway, although I'm not talking as much as I'd like at this stage, I can tell from the little notebook I keep beside me during the lessons, that I must be improving - there are less and less things written down at the end of each class. I mean, obviously, the new stuff (learned how to describe people today, which is pretty useful for when I meet the non-existent Argentinian man of my dreams and have to describe him to the girls) but all the other stuff must be going in, because I recognise and remember the meaning of a lot of conversational stuff now.

Anyway, the big test is tonight. If you read the post from a week ago, you'll remember the cringeworthy attempts I had to make at the Milonga. So, I'm off to try again this week. Hopefully my Spanish will be up to it - or at least enough to keep me afloat for those two minutes between dances. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment