Monday, October 5, 2009

Day 23: Where is the love?

Funny how art mirrors life eh? Today Jimena finds out that her boyfriend's been cheating on her and David tries to move in there with some faux-sensitivity. It's like a telenovela! But it got me depressed about Argentinian men in general... Or maybe it's just Buenos Aires. I think I'll have to take a trip outside the city.

Which is why today's lesson on transport was so helpful! (see what I did there? Smooth...) Really though, good stuff for buying tickets and taking buses and the like. Also, more head-frying info on when to use 'take' and 'bring' and 'come' and 'go'. Hell, I don't even know how to use the former properly in English!!

But there is one thing which has been bugging me for a while - there's these other two characters - a guy and a girl - who occasionally fly across the screen with grammer essentials, but I have no idea who they are! They were never introduced properly at the beginning, and there seems to be a kind of parallel love-hate relationship going on between them but it takes like half the series to catch up on it, because you have no idea that they're connected, or indeed talking about eachother! Then at the end of one of the lessons recently the narrator says "So, something happening there between Laura and Manuel" and you're like "who's...? - ahhhhh". Anyway, that's just a sidenote.

So a review and one week left - I'm wondering if we'll get to do the past tense before our adventure together comes to a close. It would be pretty useful for when people say "Wow, what great Spanish you have!" and I have to explain that I studied with Bueno, entonces... Learn Spanish and that I watched a lesson every day etc. Also, if I happen to meet anyone who speaks Spanish when I get home, I can say that I lived in Buenos Aires, I danced lots of tango, the food was great, but the men were a serious disappointment!

No comments:

Post a Comment