Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Day 24: Que buena onda!

Today's lesson was really funny! I was worried they had used up all the humour in the first two weeks but today was really good (I knew the Falkland Islands would come up eventually!) Plus, we played a few games which actually made me feel like I had got the hang of the whole por/per ser/estar conundrum. Or maybe Jimena just used easy examples... Still, I'm feeling good heading into our last week of classes.

And I really am using my Spanish a lot more now. The other night I went to my first Argentinian hen party (nope, sadly no strippers) and managed to chat to the Portenas about all kinds of stuff. Well, they talked and I threw in a phrase here and there, but I definitely wasn't as lost as I would have been four weeks ago. I feel like I started out as a 1.5/10 in Spanish, and now I'm a good solid 4. Maybe if I go back over my notes a bit and concentrate hard this week, I might even finish feeling like a five. And that's pretty good for a few weeks of laughing at a computer program! Tomorrow is going to be a typical day of shooting class, personal trainer, wing chun and then tango. Thank God these nifty Spanish classes are only half an hour or I'd never fit them in!

No comments:

Post a Comment