Monday, September 28, 2009

Day 17: The sun'll come out, tomorrow

Had a more traditional class today in that we learned about the weather, seasons and months. It's pretty apt actually because the weather here in Buenos Aires is really weird. Leaving aside the fact that the seasons are all backwards, it recently went from winter to spring here and I swear it's three times colder! Seriously, the sun is out but there's a bite to the air that has me hibernating with a heater in my bedroom watching old episodes of Bueno, entonces... (ok, i'll admit, this is just because I don't have a TV here. If I did, i'd be watching America's next top model).

But that's why it was cool to learn today's vocab, because I'm Irish, so all we talk about is drinking, religion, and the weather. Plus I'm getting tired of saying "oooh, hace mucho frio" all the time - I'm ready to spice up my musings on Argentinian weather!

Apart from that, It's nice that they've finally got around to softening the relationship between David and Jimena. I have to admit, despite myself, I am wondering if they get together at the end of the series - that sounds ridiculous, but I've really got to know these two now!

Ok, moving on to my real life...! I had my first Argentinian photoshoot today! Ok, that sounds way more glamorous than in was - I just happened to answer a random ad from a photographer who was looking for female models who practice a martial art. Sent him some photos and then did a shooot in the Botanical gardens early this morning. There was a few surprised joggers but it was a good session. Definitely nice to have the extra pocket money. I promise I'll post a couple of the pictures up here when they've been photoshopped!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment