Thursday, October 1, 2009

Day 20: Fast love

Entonces, we're into the fourth week now – doesn't time fly when you're having fun! Had a cool lesson about telos, basically the pay-by-the-hour places Argentinians go to have sex. Apparently it's pretty acceptable here – good for them! I feel sorry for the kids my age though, who still live with their parents and have to rent a room to have fun. I suppose we all took our grubby student houses for granted...

But that's another reason why I really like this program. Just when you're getting frustrated with grammar (we moved right on to the mystery that is Por and Para today – I'm longing for the good old days when I only had Ser and Estar to cry over) there's a great little section on stuff that you need to know if you're coming to Argentina, like mate, telos and reversible words. I wish I had seen this before I got here, I would have been so much more knowledgeable! But anyway, it's these things that make the difference between giving up in the first lesson and getting to class 20!

I went to my first session with a personal trainer this morning – it's the only place in the world where I could afford such a luxury! Ok, so luxury may not be the right word, given that I can hardly walk, and I know enough to know that the day after is ten times worse, so trying to get out of bed tomorrow should be fun...! But summer is coming, and all that dulce de leche has to go somewhere!! Plus, it lets me use all my cool new Spanish phrases like “I'm destroyed!” and “It's worth it!”. Two birds with one stone – result!

No comments:

Post a Comment