Thursday, October 8, 2009

Day 25: More useful stuff

Just when I think, "yeah, I'm pretty sure I have everything I need for basic conversations now", we do something new and I'm like "oh yeah, I forgot about that..." Today was prepositions - and it's actually surprising how often I have needed the words for behind, under, on top of... (hey, I know what you're thinking - not for that!)

It's undeniable now that I'm using more and more Spanish - with the girls at home, with the guys in Wing Chun, with the dancers at Tango. The real test will be when Erick arrives next week. He's an old friend from Costa Rica, and I've instructed him to only speak in Spanish when he comes to visit. He was a bit surprised because last time we saw each other a few months ago I had zero Spanish, so I hope I'm gonna surprise him (no, not with the prepositions...!!) Plus, he's from Central America so whenever he says something I don't understand or I say something ridiculous, I can just say nonchalantly, "oh, that's the Porteno dialect..."

So, not much else to write today. I'm pretty pleased with my language skills, and a bit sad that the classes are almost over. They'll have to make a Bueno, entonces... intermediate, so we don't suffer withdrawal symptoms. Hey, maybe they could find a hot Porteno and I could be the cheeky student. So much potential for prepositions.....!



No comments:

Post a Comment