Friday, October 9, 2009

Day 27: Thank you Bueno, entonces...!

Yaaay, I knew having Spanish skills would pay off! So, I hadn't really intended on working here in Buenos Aires, but I realised that having a six-month hole in my CV isn't going to look too good when I have to go find a job in January, so I dragged myself out of bed this week to meet with the editor of a local magazine. It's an English publication, but obviously some Spanish is necessary for gathering all the content that fills the pages. Anyway, I had a lovely chat with the editor and she's happy to have me on board! So for the next two months I'm hopefully going to be putting my 30 days of Spanish to good use writing articles and compiling listings and flitting around as a journalist in Buenos Aires - result!

But still a few more days to go before I'm done with my basic course. Today's class was good, with a little history lesson on the liberation of South America from Spanish colonizers, but it seems to me like David is speaking more and more English. It's mostly stuff to do with the storyline (his parents, her boyfriend, his trying to get into her knickers), which sometimes seems to overshadow the actual Spanish learning, but they use it to flow smoothly from theme to theme, and to practice the new vocab. Let's hope that he gets a second wind for the last three lessons - we've learned so much David, time to start using it - open your wings and fly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment