Saturday, October 10, 2009

Day 28: Oh I see where this is going...

Things are getting interesting between Jimena and David - I think we're gonna get a happy ending here! (Still can't believe I'm rooting for two semi-fictional people in a language learning series!) So I'm looking forward to the last class to see that finish up nicely. Also looking forward to being free of the most annoying voice in the world - I don't know who that girl is that narrates the intro and summary at the end, I'm sure she's a lovely person, but man, does she have an awful, awful accent. I have to skip it most days (hopefully for her sake she's exaggerating the accent for the show....!)

Anyway, back from that tangent - third last class was cool and really useful for the traveler. We learned about different types of lodging, hotel vocab and role-play (yup, D milked it!) for talking to receptionists and the like. I still feel like there's too much English going on though - surely by now 90% of the class should be in Spanish, but Jime did reprimand our British troublemaker for that so tomorrow might be better.

We learned how to say 'go to hell' - Andé a cagar - which would have been REALLY useful last night. Myself and the girls headed out to Amerika - BA's biggest and most popular gay club. Thought it might be a welcome night off from the aggressive men in all the other bars, but it was twice as bad! I think that because the place is pretty raunchy (there's a 'black tunnel' where you can go and have...well, whatever you want) that the straight guys who go there think that the girls will be easy. I almost had to break out the kung fu!! Entrance was expensive because there was an open bar, but the drinks were, naturally, abrasive as toilet cleaner, so i couldn't rely on them to dull the painful electronica music and later, a terrible floorshow that was like 'The Village People massacre Cirque du Soleil'. Que noche loca!!

No comments:

Post a Comment